1. Japan is made up of how many main islands?
2. What is the capital of Japan?
3. What is the tallest mountain in Japan?
4. What is one of the oldest religions in Japan?
5. What are the five parts of Feudal Japan?
6. Which president asked Japan to reopen its borders to trade?
7. Who was the Navy commodore that delivered the President's letter?
8. What was the date that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor?
9. In WW2 what were Japan, Germany and Italy called?
10. What about USA, China, Britain, France, and the Soviet Union?
3. Mt. Fuji
5. Emperor, Shogun, Lords, Samurais, Farmers
6. Millard Fillmore
7. Matthew C. Perry
8. December 7, 1941
9. AXIS powers
1. What was the last dynasty in China?
2. The rulers of the Qing dynasty came from what region of China?
3. What country was trading with China during this dynasty?
4. What was the main product the British were using to trade?
5. Where did Sun Yatsen study?
6. What was his national party called?
7. Who were the retired army generals trying to take over China?
8. Who took over the Nationalists when Sun Yatsen died?
9. Once the warlords were defeated, who did the Nationalists fight
10. Who led the Communists?
11. Who won the first civil war?
12. What was it called when the communists were forced to flee to outer
13. Who won the 2nd civil war?
14. How many students gathered in Tian An Men Square in 1989 calling for
8. Chiang Kai-shek
10. Mao Zedong
12. Long March
14. One million
1. Who ruled the Qin dynasty?
2. He split the empire into ______ provinces.
3. Shiuhangdi had farmers build the beginnings of what?
4. How long was the great wall at first?
5. How long is it today?
6. What was built to protect Shihuangdi's tomb?
7. Who was the great philosopher from China that we studied?
8. He thought each emperor had a right to rule called what?
9. Kublai Khan made what city the capital of China?
10. He also expanded the _______ _______ which connects Beijing to
other major cities.
11. What was built during the Ming dynasty for the emperor and his
3. Great Wall of China
4. 1500 miles
5. over 4000 miles
6. Clay Army
8. Mandate of Heaven
10. Grand Canal
11. Forbidden City
1. Along what river did China begin (and what is it sometimes called?)
2. Where does China rank among other counties in size and population?
3. Where is Outer China?
4. What percent of China's population lives in Outer China?
5. What is North China covered with?
6. Most of China's _________ is in North China.
7. South China has most of China's what?
8. South China also has China's longest river which is what?
9. What percent of China's land is farmable?
10. What was the nickname of the Huang River because of the flooding?
11. What family was the first dynasty in China?
12. Oracle bones are bones from what animals?
13. How many characters are in the Chinese written language today?
1. Huang (Yellow)
2. 3rd in size, 1st in population
3. Western China
5. Loess (yellow dusty soil)
10. China's Sorrow
12. Cattle or Sheep
1. Who was the German philosopher that believed Russia should try
2. Who in Russia agreed with Marx's views?
3. On what date did the Russian revolution begin?
4. What did the markets run out of that started the problem?
5. What did Lenin call his type of government?
6. What did he change the name of Russia to?
7. Who led after Lenin and what was his government called?
8. Name 4 cruel things he did to "modernize" the country.
9. What type of government wants all people to share economically?
10. What type of government owns all property and businesses?
11. What type of government has complete control and is run by a
12. What type of government gives individuals the freedom to own
13. What type of government is Russia today?
1. Karl Marx
3. Feb. 25, 1917
6. Soviet Union
7. Stalin, Totalitarianism
8. Started collective farms, told factories to produce too much, killed
managers who didn't produce, arrested people for religion or comments